One of the most difficult areas in a kitchen to keep organized and tidy is above the cupboards. It’s often cluttered with things that we don’t use on a regular basis, such as vases, cookbooks, or holiday decorations. If you’re looking for ways to decorate above your kitchen cupboards, here are a few ideas that will help you make the most of this space.
- Remove everything from the top of your cupboards
- This will give you a fresh, clean slate to work with
- Decide on a general theme or style for your décor
- Do you want something rustic? Modern? Glamorous? Whimsical? Knowing the overall vibe you’re going for will help you select individual pieces that fit together cohesively
- Once you have a vision in mind, start shopping for décor items! Scour flea markets, antique stores, homegoods stores, and even online retailers for unique pieces that speak to your style
- When deciding what to put on display, consider both function and aesthetics
- For example, if you love to cook, displaying pretty cooking utensils or cookbooks can be both practical and visually appealing
- Or, if you entertain often, placing serving platters or bowls atop your cupboards would make them easily accessible when hosting guests
- Arrange your selected items on the top of your cupboards until you’re happy with the way they look
- Be sure to step back and view your handiwork from different angles to get a good sense of the overall effect before attaching anything permanently!
What Decor Goes above Kitchen Cabinets?
There’s no one answer to this question as it depends on personal preference and the overall style of your kitchen. However, some popular choices for decorating above kitchen cabinets include hanging plants, shelves with decorative items, or even artwork. Whatever you choose, make sure it complements the rest of your kitchen décor and creates a cohesive look.
Is Decorating above Kitchen Cabinets Out of Style?
Decorating above kitchen cabinets is definitely not out of style! In fact, it can be a great way to add personality and style to your kitchen. There are endless possibilities when it comes to decorating above kitchen cabinets, so have fun with it and be creative!
Here are a few ideas to get you started: -Hang art or photos: This is a great way to personalize your space and make it unique. Choose artwork or photos that reflect your personal style or that tie in with the overall theme of your kitchen.
-Display collections: If you have any collections (e.g., plates, cups, mugs, etc.), consider displaying them on top of your cabinets. It’ll add character to your space and give guests something to admire. -Add greenery: A touch of greenery can really brighten up any space, so consider adding some plants or flowers above your cabinets.
Just be sure to choose varieties that don’t require too much sunlight (since they’ll be in a relatively dark spot).
How Do You Fill in Space above Kitchen Cabinets?
Assuming you’re talking about the space between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling:
One popular way to fill in this space is with decorative molding. You can choose from a variety of different styles and colors to create a look that fits your kitchen’s aesthetic.
Other options include installing shelves or hanging artwork. If your kitchen has high ceilings, filling in the space above the cabinets can help make it feel cozier and more intimate.
How Do You Decorate a Top Cupboard?
Assuming you would like tips on how to decorate the top of a cabinets in your kitchen:
One option is to keep it simple by adding a plant or some greenery. This can brighten up the space and add a bit of life to your kitchen.
If you have room, you could also add a vase with fresh flowers or even some candles. Another way to decorate the top of your cabinets is by adding some artwork. This could be anything from paintings to family photos in frames.
It’s a great way to personalize your space and make it feel more like home. You could also add other decorative items such as clocks, baskets, or even sculptures. If you’re looking for something more functional, you could use the space to store cookbooks or other items that you use often.
This can help keep your countertops clear and free up some valuable storage space. You could also use it as an extra spot for food prep by adding a cutting board or small appliance such as a blender or coffee maker. Whatever you decide to do, the important thing is that you make it YOUR own!
Have fun exploring different ways to decorate and don’t be afraid to experiment until you find something that works for you and your home.
How to Decorate Above Your Kitchen Cabinets
What to Do With Space above Kitchen Cabinets
If you have space above your kitchen cabinets, there are a few things you can do to make the most of it. Here are a few ideas:
1. Install a shelf: A simple shelf can give you extra storage space for things like cookbooks, spices, or even decorative items.
2. Hang curtains: Curtains can add a bit of personality to your kitchen and help to disguise any clutter that might be on top of your cabinets. 3. Add lighting: Under-cabinet lighting can brighten up your workspace and make it easier to see what you’re doing. You could also add some accent lighting to highlight any decorative items you have on top of your cabinets.
Hgtv Decorating above Kitchen Cabinets
If you’re looking for a way to add some extra storage and style to your kitchen, decorating above your cabinets is a great option. But what should you put up there? Here are a few ideas from HGTV experts.
One popular option is to use the space to display decorative plates or platters. This is a great way to add color and personality to your kitchen, and it’s also a practical way to keep those plates within easy reach. If you choose this route, be sure tohang them at varying heights so they don’t all look like they’re lined up in a row.
Another idea is to use the space above your cabinets as additional shelving. This can be especially helpful if your kitchen doesn’t have much countertop space to begin with. You can use these shelves for everything from cookbooks and spices to everyday dishes and glassware.
Just be sure not tooverload the shelves or they’ll start to look cluttered. And don’t forget about adding some stylish baskets or binsto help corral smaller items. Finally, if you really want to go all out, consider installing lightingabove your cabinets.
This will create a warm and inviting glow in your kitchen and make it feel even more special. There are lots of different lighting options available, so find something that fits both your style and budget.
If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your kitchen without spending a lot of money, consider decorating above your kitchen cupboards. This is a great way to add some personality to your kitchen without breaking the bank. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
-Hang curtains above the cabinets. This is an easy way to add color and pattern to your kitchen. -Display plates or platters on the top of the cabinets.
This is a great way to show off your favorite dishes or those that are too pretty to keep hidden away in the cabinets. -Add greenery with a mini garden on top of the cabinets. This is an easy way to bring life into your kitchen and make it feel more like home.